Winter is just around the corner. Here are some helpful tips to protect your home, minimize your heating bills and make your winter more pleasurable:
- A visual inspection of your roof can identify lose or missing shingles and damaged flashing. Spending a little time and money on minor repairs will eliminate major damage, expense and aggravation.
- Removing leaves and other debris from your eavestrough, downspouts and gutters will allow melting snow to run freely away from your home, eliminate the possibility of basement flooding or damage to the foundation.
- Reduce your energy bill by adding insulation to your attic.
- Apply weather stripping to exterior doors and caulk your windows.
- Install or replace damaged storm doors.
- Wrap your water heater with an insulated blanket and insulate water pipes that border exterior walls.
- Install a programmable thermostat that will allow you to pre-set the temperature depending on your needs.
- Inspect exterior electrical fixtures for any bird nests which may result in fire.
- In extreme cold weather, leave water lines slightly open to keep pipes from freezing.
- Remove dust and debris from exhaust fans and filters to ensure proper ventilation and eliminate risk of fire.
And, last but not least:
- Shoveling snow is hard on the heart. If you’re using a shovel, make sure you’re lifting from the knees, not the back.
We hope you find this information interesting. Now that you’re settled in, you may have some time on your hands to discuss consolidating your debt or sorting out your finances.
Call or email me
If you want to discuss a financing solution tailor-made to you, contact me via email, email@example.com or phone 647-201-0167, to discuss.