A well-maintained home is a smart way to ensure your home is safe, and that its value continues to rise, whether you plan on selling it now or in the future.
Here are some tips:
- Double check you’ve got smoke detectors on each floor of your home, test them regularly and change the batteries as needed.
- Check that your light bulbs are all the correct wattage and remember not to overload your electrical outlets.
- Have a professional take a look at your heat and air conditioning systems to ensure they are as energy efficient as possible.
- Prevent damage to your home by ensuring your roof is up to date, and your eaves troughs are clear and free from debris.
- Maintain your landscaping (it’s what people see first), keep utility wires clear of tree branches and stay up to date with any driveway or sidewalk repairs.