With the holidays closing in, a lot of us are thinking about hosting holiday parties. While things will look a little different this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun! Whether you’re just celebrating with your household, or hosting a virtual gathering, preparation and ambience are everything.
Here are some tips to create that special holiday feeling:
1. Make a List: While you might not be hosting for 50 people this year, that doesn’t mean that preparations go out the window! The mark of a good holiday celebration is planning, planning, planning! Ideally, you will want to make a list of everything you need before you get started. From food to drinks to decor, having an idea of what you need in advance will make it much easier to get everything in one go.
2. Send Out Invitations: If you are hosting a virtual gathering, make sure to send out invitations as soon as possible. This can be a simple e-mail to friends or family with a link to join in or a fun e-card!
3. Prep Food in Advance: When it comes to food, simple is best and whatever you can prep in advance is better. With a smaller invitee list, you can easily get away with simple finger foods. From shrimp or tuna rolls to spinach dip and bread to veggie trays or cheese and crackers, the options are endless and don’t have to require hours of prep time.
4. Sweet and Simple Decor: When it comes to the holidays, there are endless options for decor. From traditional red and green to silver and gold or silver and blue, the best choice is one that fits your tastes. Even if you cannot host your entire neighbourhood, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy that holiday feeling! A few key pieces here and there, such as a large wreath and centerpiece for the table can go a long way.
5. Manage the Mood: To help create a cozy, holiday mood you might consider turning off your overheads and using candles to give off a warm glow and cozy scent. Music is another important factor; try mixing traditional holiday tunes with modern favourites to create the perfect feel, without back-to-back tracks of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Feliz Navidad”.
Contact me today...
…and find out how I can maximize your potential email@example.com or 647-201-0167.